As of January 2021, there are 4.66 billion internet users and 3.78 billion users of social media in the world. Various devices and media that people use to access are also increasing tremendously. As an entrepreneur, you require good tactics, dedication and commitment in the ever changing consumer needs. It is going to be an impossible task for any business man or marketer to be present in all these digital platforms at once. So the trend in 2021 is to use Digital Marketing Automation to stay in pace with the customers on Google and Social media.
The success of your business depends upon your digital marketing strategy, know your customers, and establish relationship with them through personalized contents. It also depends on how effectively you are using digital platforms for revenue generation during the current scenario. Targeting audience, generating qualified leads, planning for multichannel digital marketing strategy, are other challenges digital marketers face. It is more important to send right messages to right people at right time. How can you take advantage of digital media to let your market grow and not lose the race? Digital marketing automation is the answer.
In this article I am going to discuss about digital marketing automation, tools, including free one and those for small businesses and startups, CRM and benefits of these tools for marketing.
Digital marketing automation is the software that streamlines the activities of a marketing campaign such as lead generation emails, social media, blog posts, web pages, etc. making these tasks easier and faster.
Digital marketing automation is a process for using software tools to automate repetitive tasks of marketing. It helps to produce qualified leads, get conversion, and scale up market. The main goal of this process is to increase the revenue generation. Marketing automation streamlines marketing and sales funnels. It helps in lead generation and lead conversion. In the process, it aligns the marketing and sales teams. If the marketing team is getting leads and turning them into qualified leads, this information is routed to the sales team to convert them into sales. It is thus empowering the sales team to achieve greater Return on Investment.
Some of the salient features of digital marketing automation are
- Generating leads with good landing pages, send relevant messages, to the right people at the right time.
- Lead nurturing by giving scores to the leads and qualifying them. Then sending a series of automated emails giving relevant information to the leads.
- Develop business and relationship with the customers through personalized emails.
What are digital marketing automation tools?
Digital marketing automation tools are software and apps which helps companies, businesses, startups or marketers in performing many marketing tasks like running campaigns, email management to nurture leads, etc by automation. It enables teams to send direct and personalized emails to a large number of leads. It helps them to send out updates about promotions and nurture leads. There are many marketing automation tools that are using Artificial Intelligence. Marketers are implementing Artificial Intelligence tools for their analytical and forecasting abilities.
These marketing automation tools will help companies to increase marketing efficiency, sales and send personalize marketing messages to prospective customers. Digital marketing automation tools are not a substitute for humans but they help to revolve around customers by providing information they need.
What are digital marketing automation tools based on the marketing activities?
Various marketing tasks require various types of digital marketing automation tools which can be broadly categories under the following heads:
- Social Media Software
- Marketing Automation Software
- SEO Software
- Lead Generation Software
- Graphic Design Software
- Email Marketing Software
- Content Marketing Software
Top 10 digital marketing automation tools
Businesses having online marketing strategy, marketing team, digital marketing channels and of course budget can select any tool suitable for their business from hundreds that are available. There are many more digital marketing automation tools which provides vision to your business and guides you through the actions that must be taken. It may be through social media, search engine optimization, or any other way to generate revenue for your company. I am naming top 10 digital marketing automation tools as follows:
- BuzzSumo: this is an online marketing tool to discover contents. It is a research and monitoring tool that can help you to identify trends around specific topics.
- Hootsuite : This is an social media management tool for companies that allows users to schedule social media content on various platforms.
- Canva: This tool is for creating graphics such as social images, CTA buttons, infographics, etc. There are large number templates, clip art, and fonts available which you can select.
- Google Analytics: It has advanced analytics show your website information, including who your visitors and what they do on your website.
- Screaming Frog SEO: This tool provides information related to SEO of your website. It help to identify any site errors that may be impacting SEO. You can connect it to Google Analytics for getting more information.
- Moz: This tool offers keyword research, page analytics, backlink analyses. It also has a site-crawler.
- HubSpot: It is used for email marketing, blogging, social media and to build landing pages
- SEMrush: This tool is used for SEO strategy. It is used in performing keyword research, position tracking, and identifying backlinks.
- Live chat: It facilitates conversations with the people visiting your website.
- ReTargeter: This is a tool that uses site, search and dynamic retargeting. It reaches out to the bounced traffic and helps in conversion.
Email marketing is one big sector in digital marketing activity which can be automated and widely used across all types of businesses. Digital Marketers use email marketing automation tools to create a list of email-ids, schedule, send triggered emails, build campaigns, do segmentation of your audience etc. You can set triggers to your opt in pages or landing pages. Using this tool, you can segment your visitors to optin or landing pages. ActiveCampaign, BenchMark, Drip, Hubspot, Convertkit, MailChimp are few examples of email marketing automation tools.
Digital marketing automation tools for small business
There are many digital marketing automation tools for small business which claim to be cost effective, save your time, easy to automate and increase your sales growth. There are tools like OptinMonster which helps in converting the visitors who have left your website without taking any action. To maintain all your email campaigns you can use tools like HubsSpot, Constant Content. If you want to stay in touch with your target audience you can use SendinBlue.
Best free marketing automation tools
Many startups and businesses do not want to invest in the digital marketing automation tools to save money or they do not have the required budget and manpower. For them there are many free marketing automation tools available. Depending on the marketing activities, these businesses can select free tools. Many of these tools have solid features and do not require to be upgraded for pro versions. These free tools present a combination of email, segmentation of audience, social media, chat and text, etc which healp in revenue generation eventually. For example Keap, ActiveCampaign, GetResponse, Omnisend are some free marketing automation tools.
Digital marketing automation tools for startups
There are many cost-effective digital marketing automation tools for Startups and small businesses having few hundred customers because these have to scale up. Depending upon their marketing activities they can select any of the available low cost tools or go for free tools. You can checkout exhaustive lists of such tools are described here.
B2C marketing automation tools
The focus of B2C marketing automation tools is in providing extremely relevant information and personalized messages to individual customers wherever they are on the digital platform. Many of these tools provide re-tracking the abandoned customers to the businesses’ website. HubSpot Marketing Hub, AutoPilot, Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign are some of the B2C marketing automation tools.
CRM marketing automation tool
The output of any marketing automation becomes the input to Customer Relationship Management, CRM marketing automation tool. Businesses can generate and increase revenues with an effective CRM strategy by focusing on what customers need, offer good customer services, helping to close the sales faster, retaining the trust of existing customers. For this the businesses should have complete database of the way customers interact with company, how get information, marketing and advertising efforts of the company, get holistic view of customer needs to provide better services.
Marketing automation can surely benefit marketers in a variety of ways:
- For social media, they can schedule posts well in time and use mass posting to publish them in bulk. As a result, marketing automation software enables strategic, creative campaigns to generate results.
- For email marketing, they can schedule campaigns well in time. They can be used to send emails in small batches, over a certain period of time when the email list is long.
- For segmentation, they can create different sets of audience based on different conditions such as email opened, link clicked, abandoned cart, video watched, lead scoring, etc. The segmentation helps them to send customized campaigns based on their preferences.
- For landing pages, they can build landing pages to collect contact information
- Track users’ behaviors and uncover information about leads throughout their journey with the brand.
COVID 19, the pandemic has destroyed the economy of many countries. Marketing automation is a new hope for startups, big companies, large and small businesses.
This article was initially published in my blog
Please leave your comments below.